Grow your construction career as a Site Manager with Fairbrother
We are always on the lookout for qualified Site Managers to join the Fairbrother team in both Tasmania and Victoria. As a Site Manager with Fairbrother, you will have the opportunity to manage allocated projects and work alongside a talented and dedicated team.
Site Manager Jobs
As a Site Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead and manage allocated construction projects from start to finish. You will ensure that each project meets or exceeds all health and safety, quality, and environmental standards. Your role involves engaging with key stakeholders, supervising construction tasks, and coordinating the availability of required materials.
We are driven by our values and guiding principles, and as a Fairbrother carpenter you will embody these traits as you go about your day to day work.
- Prioritise health and safety at all times, striving for zero Lost Time Incidents (LTI’s).
- Identify and mitigate hazards, reducing risks and preventing workplace incidents.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of quality requirements and implement effective quality control techniques.
- Lead by example, setting the standard for safety, quality, and environmental practices.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to the on-site team to achieve performance expectations.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including Contract Managers, Project Managers, and Subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with Fairbrother policies, procedures, and legislative requirements.
- Continuously seek improvements and cost-effective solutions for project success.
- Develop and manage an effective construction program for allocated projects.
- Effectively manage labour utilisation and productivity, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee the procurement of equipment and materials within budgetary guidelines.
- Monitor subcontractor performance and ensure they meet service levels.
- Implement measures for project variations, obtaining necessary approvals.
- Manage plant and equipment, ensuring proper maintenance and recommending purchases when required.
- Keep detailed records in line with administrative needs.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in commercial construction.
- Thorough knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Hold a Basic Scaffolding High Risk License, Certificate III in Carpentry or & Joinery (or relevant Trade Certificate), Certificate III in Work Health & Safety, Chief Warden, Car Driver’s Licence, Provide First Aid & CPR, White Card, WHS for Managers and Supervisors, and Work Safely at Heights certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve project outcomes and lead by example.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) across all levels.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management abilities.
- Effective cost control techniques and computer literacy.
- Adaptability to handle project demands and work well under pressure.
Fairbrother is an inclusive workplace, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage all our employees to be themselves without fear of discrimination or judgement about their ancestry, age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, cultural background and/or disability status.
If you have the skills, experience, and a passion for carpentry, we invite you to apply and be a part of our growing team. Take the next step in your carpentry career with Fairbrother!
Send your up to date resume and a short introduction to email@example.com and our team will be in touch.
Join us today and build your future with Fairbrother!