Build your construction career as a leading hand with Fairbrother
We are always on the lookout for new leading hands to join the Fairbrother team in both Tasmania and Victoria. As a Leading Hand at Fairbrother, you will play a crucial role in driving our projects’ success and ensuring they exceed all health and safety, quality, and environmental standards.
Are you a skilled and experienced commercial construction carpenter with exceptional leadership abilities? Do you thrive in a hands-on role that allows you to influence and inspire others? Fairbrother is currently seeking Leading Hands to join our commercial construction team in Tasmania and Victoria.
We are driven by our values and guiding principles, and as a Fairbrother leading hand you will embody these traits as you go about your day to day work.
As a Leading Hand, your primary responsibility is to assist the Foreperson in achieving project goals while maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality. Your expertise in commercial construction and ability to lead work teams will be essential in meeting project requirements and building strong working relationships.
- Prioritise health and safety, ensuring a zero Lost Time Incident (LTI) culture on-site.
- Identify and address hazards, reducing risks and preventing workplace incidents.
- Implement quality control techniques and adhere to Inspection Test Plans (ITPs).
- Maintain a clean and organised work environment, demonstrating respect for the surroundings.
- Lead by example, upholding Fairbrother’s values and vision.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the on-site team and apprentices, fostering a positive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, including Project Managers, Estimators, and Site Managers.
- Actively participate in training and development programs to enhance your skills.
- Collaborate with the Foreperson in allocating and overseeing construction tasks based on work plans.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures, and legislative requirements.
- Continuously seek improvements and implement best practices for a competitive advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a commercial construction carpenter.
- Thorough knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Possess a Certificate III in Carpentry/Carpentry & Joinery or a relevant Trade Certificate.
- Hold a valid Car Driver’s License, Provide First Aid, Provide CPR, White Card, and Work Safely at Heights certifications.
- Proactive with a hands-on approach, showcasing trade precision and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact at all levels.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management abilities.
- Computer literacy to handle administrative tasks effectively.
- Adaptability to handle varying project needs and work well under pressure.
Fairbrother is an inclusive workplace, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage all our employees to be themselves without fear of discrimination or judgement about their ancestry, age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, cultural background and/or disability status.
If you have the skills, experience, and a passion for carpentry, we invite you to apply and be a part of our growing team. Take the next step in your carpentry career with Fairbrother!
Send your up to date resume and a short introduction to email@example.com and our team will be in touch.
Join us today and build your future with Fairbrother!