Grow your construction career as a Design Coordinator with Fairbrother
We are always on the lookout for suitably qualified and experienced Design Coordinators to join the Fairbrother team in both Tasmania and Victoria. As a Design Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team and contribute to the success of our projects.
Design Coordinator Jobs
As a Design Coordinator, you will collaborate with design and project managers to facilitate design teams, ensure alignment with project requirements, and provide clear direction for further development. Your role involves understanding project contexts, client briefings, and coordinating design development to meet objectives and requirements.
As a Design Coordinator at Fairbrother, you will play a crucial role in ensuring project solutions, advice, and documentation meet the highest standards.
We are driven by our values and guiding principles, and as a Fairbrother carpenter you will embody these traits as you go about your day to day work.
- Support design management activities and provide direction to project teams.
- Review project advice, reports, and documentation to ensure alignment with project requirements.
- Prepare design reviews and communicate direction to project teams.
- Engage with key stakeholders to build trusted relationships and understand project brief requirements.
- Coordinate consultants and stakeholders in the design development process.
- Ensure design alignment with building codes, best practices, and environmental standards.
- Oversee drawing, specification, and construction documentation production, review, and issue.
- Develop mitigating strategies for design phase risks and contribute to cost planning and feasibility studies.
- Implement plans to deliver and manage work effectively, ensuring projects meet key measures.
- Monitor and manage project progress and consultant performance.
- Participate in gaining client understanding of project tasks and expectations.
- Experience in multi-discipline building design services, with at least 2 years in the commercial construction industry.
- Proficient in architectural/building-design services and updated knowledge of NCC, Australian standards, and design approaches.
- Excellent communication skills (graphic, written, and verbal).
- Knowledge of working drawings, design trends, environmental design, and spatial awareness.
- Familiarity with local building approval tasks, processes, and requirements.
- Car Driver’s License and WHS for Managers & Supervisors certification.
- Strong commitment to the Company’s values and strategy.
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work collaboratively with teams.
Fairbrother is an inclusive workplace, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage all our employees to be themselves without fear of discrimination or judgement about their ancestry, age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, cultural background and/or disability status.
If you have the skills, experience, and a passion for carpentry, we invite you to apply and be a part of our growing team. Take the next step in your carpentry career with Fairbrother!
Send your up to date resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch.
Join us today and build your future with Fairbrother!